Time for another hot chocolate recipe! Today we have the Earl Grey and Strawberry.
I've been a fan of Earl Grey with dark chocolate ever since I tried the Wellington Chocolate Factory Earl Grey truffle, which also uses Fine & Dandy Tea. I love how the addition of strawberry in this drink adds some tartness to go with the tannins from the tea.
As usual, this recipe is designed to be served in small cups, in the style of French sipping chocolate. The recipe is for four cups - you can try and make it for less but it's difficult to use the stick blender on a smaller amount of liquid.
600ml oat milk (you can use a different kind of milk if you like, but oat milk gives the best flavour)
60g Hogarth Peru 66% Drinking Chocolate
2 tbsp Fine & Dandy Earl Grey Tea, in a bag or infuser
20g of Fresh As Strawberries Slices (freeze-dried)
1. Put the strawberries, tea and milk into a saucepan, making sure to put the lid on. Heat the milk until it starts to bubble, then turn off the heat and leave the pan on the stove top for 45 minutes. The tea should be removed after roughly ten minutes.
2. Add the drinking chocolate to the pan and give it a quick stir.
3. Use a stick blender (or regular blender) to blend together the milk, strawberries and chocolate.
4. Return the mixture to the stove and bring it back up to almost-boiling point.
5. Serve in small cups. If they're in season, some fresh strawberries served on the side for dipping would be incredible.
This recipe is designed to be served in small, intense doses. If you'd prefer a larger cup of less intense hot chocolate, simply add a bit more milk.
Success! Feel free to
or head to your