Chocolate and Cinnamon Flapjack Recipe
Flapjack was one of my favourite treats as a child so I decided to create this recipe and see what can happen when you throw some high quality craft chocolate in the mix. Traditionally the ingredients of flapjack are very minimal but I decided to jazz things up a bit. This recipe is so easy to make and takes no time at all, even for an amateur baker like myself. Enjoy!
Ingredients (makes nine)
- 135g whole rolled oats
- 135g quick/Scotch rolled oats
- 120g butter (or dairy-free alternative)
- 110g raw sugar
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup (or honey)
- 60g dark chocolate (around 75%), broken into small pieces
- 5 Tbsp Fix & Fogg Everything Butter (or crunchy peanut butter)
- 1 heaped tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Put all of the ingredients except for the oats and cacao nibs into a pan and heat gently on a low heat. Stir until all of the ingredients are combined and all of the chocolate is melted (takes around 8 minutes).
2. Combine mixture with oats and cacao nibs in a large bowl. Stir thoroughly until evenly mixed.
3. Put mixture in a small baking tray, lined with baking paper, and flatten out - should be around 2-3cm deep. Bake in preheated oven on 175°C for 30 minutes.
4. Leave to cool on a cooling rack for an hour, then slice into squares and devour!